Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just checking in !!!

hey so i know ive been a little MIA lately and well thats simply cuz things have been really really busy here. I started baby sitting a couple weeks ago. And the past oh i dunno lets say since saturday everything has been kinda a little bit of hell. Cuz you know how when one thing hits everything else seems to hit you all at the sametime and then you feel like your slowly going to smash shit and scream...yea been one of those weeks.

So starting saturday, i find out that the kid that ive been babysitting has strep throat so then we were planning on taking D into see the doctor on monday to make sure he didnt have it either. But then suddenly on sunday Ella had blood in her stool, so we had to rush to McMaster emergency to get that checked out, i still do not agree with what the doctor said in the emergency but for agruement sakes i shook my head and went on. Weve also been tryin to switch her formula over as well, seeing as shes on the most expensive formula there is out there, i didnt even know this stuff exsisted until she was given it by the doctors with an Rx. But to put it down to size for you guys, you know those little tiny cans that are like sample sizes yeah for 13 of those cans the cost is $800.00. thats roughly $70.00 per can. So we were given the all clear by the doctor when we went in for out last visit about the blood clot (ill get to that later), so i tried her on a cow's milk protein formula, i mixed 25ml of it in with her neocate, and we had to rush her to the hospital with that one cuz her eye swelled shut. but were still unsure of what exzactly caused that reaction seeing as later once we were at the hospital grandma sent us a text stating that the outfit she was wearing earlier was washed with her stuff which she used a different detergent as well as a dryer sheet, so it wasnt determined what her allergic reaction was to. seeing as the doctor didnt tell us anything we didnt already know. But...moving on, before i get worked up about that.

Then we gave her soy it was going well until the whole blood in poop thing. So we stopped that as well. And now were back to monday. Monday we took damien into the clinic and found out that he as well as strep throat, so now hes on antibiotics. But then the doctor that was examing him also turns around and says that he thinks he has a heart murmur, and that he thinks he sees something in his chest area, sends him for chest x rays, still dont know what he was looking for but get to go see our family doctor on the 26th and go over the results with him. so i then have a heart attack that something is wrong with damien and i dont know what it is, so theres the start of my mini heart attack. Moving on...

Monday night.... adam goes to shoppers drug mart to fill out damiens Rx, as well being pro active decides that he would order in ellas formula, then to find out that apparently the CCAC decided without notice to us that they would no longer cover her formula, so now the pharmist is telling us its $800 for the formula, according to there records it was no longer covered as of aug 2. which i got pissed about cuz there was no notice there what so ever, even though we had one more repeat on that one Rx. So theres the moderate heart attack.

Tuesday... I spend all day calling people tryin to figure out what the hell we should do with the formula, seeing as the peds. is gone away on vacation until September 12, and we cant get another Rx, or send more forms in to cover the formula until she gets back. I call my family doctor and theres nother that they can do, i call the CCAC and finally after waiting all day pretty much for someone to get back to me, they decide to be "nice" and cover just one more month until our peds. gets back from vacation and they dont have to cover it anymore, cuz another program is suppose to cover it cuz they arent a long term facility...whatever. it was relief to me for the time being. We then take ella to the clinic to make sure that she also does not have strep seeing as since sunday shes had a cough, runny nose, and sneezing alot. and i was getting frustrated cuz no doctor would examine her for it cuz they just kept telling me that it was very unlikely for her to have it cuz its transfered through salvia, even though the one year old and ella are always on the floor together playing...so again how would you like to tell me that its not possible?? and her brother having it too...ummm hello hes always giving her kisses and snoting all over everything...so yeah it was a little frustrating...but thankfully she does not have it, she just has a cold.

Then today....i wake up and feel like complete shit....hoping to god that i dont have strep either. Im going to the clinic tomorrow im hopeing that all i have is just a cold or something. Cuz i cant afford to be sick. Also i find out that the kid i babysit now has a virus of some sort.... hopefully hes ok.

And hey its only wendsday....what else can the week bring me!!!! :S



Anyways, as i said earlier that i would mention the whole blood clot thing, yeah we went she had another ultrasound done and its still there she no longer is getting her needles for her blood thinners, which is a plus. But the doctor isnt concerned about it moving or causeing and issues but we do have to go back in may of 2012. And i dont know what the options will then be for it.

Anyways, thats it for me tonight i got my little rant out, made me feel a ton better.

TTYL